National Math and Science Initiative is dedicated to providing the best content-based, pedagogy-driven, teacher-to-teacher training, supported by rigorous classroom-ready lessons and web-based resources to improve the quality of math, science, and English instruction. NMSI has trained over 49,000 teachers since 2001 and has demonstrated dramatic increases in Advanced Placement exam participation and success in STEM subjects. NMSI believes that training, mentoring, and empowering the teacher corps will lead to high standards of academic excellence for all students.
NMSI training is hands-on, teacher-to-teacher training. Endorsed NMSI Trainers will provide in-depth training using NMSI materials, the latest classroom technologies, laboratory experiments, and online resources. Created by master classroom teachers, the NMSI materials and resources can be used immediately in the classroom to add rigor to the existing curriculum and help teachers prepare their students for college and career readiness in the 21st century.
NMSI is a three-year training program that consists of twelve individual days of training as follows: Year 1 (Modules 1-4), Year 2 (Modules 5-8), and Year 3 (Modules 9-12). Participants are encouraged to attend training in chronological order, since the program modules and ideas are designed to build on one another.
For complete module descriptions, please click on this link: MODULE DESCRIPTIONS
Teachers participating in NMSI Training will receive access to the diagnostic materials and resources available on the NMSI website for one calendar year, consumable participant materials, and support from NMSI trainers and staff members.
The Institute will be held Tuesday, June 23rd - Friday, June 26th, 2015 in Grand Junction, Colorado. Classes will be from 8:30 AM to 3:30PM each day. Meals will not be provided.
Grand Junction High School is located at 1400 N. 5th Street, Grand Junction, CO 81501.
Participants are not required to bring materials or technology to the learning event. It may be useful to bring laptops or mobile devices for the purposes of completing online evaluations. However, this is optional and participants may complete evaluations post-training.
TUITION AND PAYMENT
Tuition for the four-day institute is $725. Payment for the institute may be made by credit card, personal check, school check, or purchase order made payable to "National Math and Science Initiative," and send to NMSI, Attn: NMSI Finance, 8350 North Central Expressway, Suite M-2200, Dallas, TX 75206.
If you need to cancel your registration for any reason:
· Go to nms.org ( the NMSI website), click on “Login” and log into the Laying the Foundation Program.
· Once logged on, scroll down to the Training Records and Evaluation, click on “Cancel my registration” and fill in the appropriate information.
· If you cancel thirty (30) business days before the first day of training, there is no financial liability and, if appropriate, your payment will be refunded at 100%.
· Cancellations between twenty-nine (29) and fourteen (14) business days prior to the first day of training will result in an administration cancellation fee of $75.
· From fourteen (14) days until the first day of training, the administration fee is $150.
· No shows or no cancellation notice prior to the first day of training requires the full payment of $725.
In the event that NMSI cancels an event for any reason, teachers will receive a 100% refund of their registration fee.